Cheat Day Turkey Noodle Casserole Spinach and Artichoke
With Thanksgiving just around the corner here in the states the aged-old question of what to do with left-over Thanksgiving Turkey is always a huge topic around our home. If that happens in your home don’t fret, we have a recipe that not only delicious but healthy as well. This Turkey Noodle Casserole with spinach and artichoke will have your family coming back for more. While this is not entirely a go to keto recipe you can certainly use this recipe on a cheat day when you just have to have traditional wheat flour noodles, but don’t go crazy here. If you are a stickler in your Keto Diet then you can substitute the noodles with a Low Carb noodle recipe found on the WholesumYum website.
For those last little bits of turkey in our refrigerator, we turned to the present favorite creamy Turkey Noodle Casserole for enjoying them. You just may thank me after you’ve had this tried and true recipe that will bring your loved ones back for more. Drop a plate of this Turkey Noodle Casserole in front of your hubby on NFL Sunday and he must just end up in your hand like melted butter.
While I’m never knocking the good-old turkey sandwich … believe me which is a staple after Thanksgiving each year, And trust me I’ve sure enjoyed quite my justifiable share of them. I really like them best slathered with mayonnaise on light bread , perhaps with a touch slice of leftover stuffing tucked inside. Oh, it’s an after-Thanksgiving special treat needless to say, but I think this will become your family’s favorite.
Either way this Turkey Noodle Casserole will end the debate on what to do with left-over Thanksgiving Turkey. It doesn’t always have to be turkey sandwiches, mix things up a bit and surprise your family over the weekend with this tasty casserole that just screams comfort food. Don’t be surprised is naps are taken after this meal, so again don’t stress over that left over turkey and give this recipe a try, you’ll be surprised with the smiles and compliments you get from the ones you love. Happy Thanksgiving!
The 4 Step Cheat Day Turkey Noodle Casserole Spinach and Artichoke essentials:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 cups of dried wide whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- 1 to 1 ¼ lbs of left-over turkey (forked in thin strips)
- 1 ¼ cups of thinly diced red peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup of light mayo
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 9oz. pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 9oz. pkg. frozen artichoke hearts or chopped broccoli, thawed
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz.)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
Getting started with Keto? Everything you need is here:
The 4 Step Cheat Day Turkey Noodle Casserole Spinach and Artichoke cooking instructions:
- Preheat over to 350F. Coat a 3-qt square baking dish with cooking spray. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat, add bell pepper, onion, and garlic; throw in left-over turkey and bring to temperature, remove from heat and stir in cream cheese until melted.
- In a large bowl whisk together broth, mayo, crushed red pepper and black pepper. Wrap spinach and artichokes in a double layer of paper towels and blot dry. Add spinach and artichokes to mayo mixture. Stir in turkey mixture, noodles, and Parmesan cheese. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Stir turkey mixture. Bake again for another 10 to 15 minutes more until heated through. Sprinkle with chives before serving.
PER SERVING: (1 ½ cups each) CAL 347, FAT 14g (5g sat. fat). CHOL 58 mg. SODIUM 451 mg. CARB 29g (7 g fiber, 4 g sugars), PRO 28 g. POTASSIUM 314 mg